Recommended books for the frequently asked question: QUESTION: Which of your books do you recommended to learn about process work? We answer; We can’t be objective and suggest first seeing the work of our colleagues (and our own) at the Lao Tse Press www.laotse.com, or at the Deep Democracy Exchange, or at the IAPOP website.
From our own books, we suggest those listed below. In particular:
|General reader, a beginner about process work:||Riding the Horse Backwards|
|For feelings skills in therapy:||Metaskills|
|For ideas about creativity:||The Dreaming Source of Creativity|
|For shamanism:||The Shaman’s Body|
|For symbolic background to process ideas:||Rivers Way|
|For beginning body practice:||Working with the Dreaming Body|
|For connections with Jungian Psychology and Dreambody:||Dreambody|
|A good beginner in Comawork:||Coma, A Healing Journey|
|Connections between psychology +physics:||Quantum Mind|
|For Dreamwork:||The Dreammaker’s Apprentice|
|For Lucid Dreaming:||Dreaming While Awake|
|For Relationship work:||The Dreambody in Relationships|
|Group +Political Work- for diversity work, and in depth forums:||The Year I, The Leader as Martial Artist, Sitting in the Fire, and The Deep Democracy of Open Forums.|
|For psychological interventions in psychiatry:||City Shadows|
|For earth based directional experiences:||Earth-Based Psychology|
|Spirituality, Physics, Psychology–the “Mind of God” for self and world:||ProcessMind, Dance of The Ancient One|
OTHER READINGS HIGHLY RECCOMENDED:
Processwork’s applications in the field of psychotherapy: theory, practice and case studies
- A Path Made by Walking, by Julie Diamond and Lee Spark Jones – Paperbacks, 2005
Process work, a groundbreaking new form of psychotherapy, is explained and explored in this step-by-step guide for cutting-edge mental health professionals and individuals interested in self-therapy. Information on the history of process work, recent developments in the field, a discussion of background concepts and terms, and annotated client–facilitator case studies provide readers with a detailed framework for understanding the methodology, while tips and exercises on fundamental terms and concepts provide practitioners with the practical experience needed to administer the therapy. All aspects of the psychotherapeutic encounter are covered, including the structure of psychotherapeutic interactions and how to work within a therapeutic relationship.
For power and leadership’s awareness and practice:
- Power, a User’s Guide, by Julie Diamond – Kindle Editions, 2016
Power corrupts? Absolutely, but not inevitably. The question is: how? What are the traps of power and how we can avoid falling into them? The path toward ethical, authentic, and effective use of power is illuminated in this comprehensive crash course in developing external authority, navigating high-power roles and responsibilities, and finding personal power. The book combines cutting-edge psychological theory with practical exercises, stories, and examples from the author’s experiences as a leadership coach and consultant to provide readers with the tools and instructions to find their unique map of powers. From bosses to parents, politicians to protesters, power rests in the hands of everyone, everywhere.
BOOKS TRANSLATED INTO ITALIAN
- Il Corpo Che Sogna. La scienza del Dreambody. Psicoterapia dei processi corporei. RED Edizioni – Milano, 1990; br., pp. 168, ill. (L’Altra Medicina/Studio. 27). Titolo originale inglese:River’s Way. The process science of the dreambody. 1985 – Fuori Catalogo.
- I Messaggi del Corpo che Sogna. RED Edizioni – Milano, 1993; br.,pp.139. (L’Altra Medicina/’o6) Titolo originale inglese: Working with the Dreaming Body, 1985 – Fuori Catalogo.
- Lavorare da Soli su Se Stessi. Il corpo , la mente, il sogno. Edizioni Astrolabio-Ubaldini Editore, Roma 1991 (collana Cambiare Se Stessi)
- Il Corpo della Sciamana. Un nuovo sciamanesimo per trasformare la salute, le relazioni e determinare il nostro destino. Il Cerchio della Luna, 2000.
- Essere nel Fuoco. Gestire la diversità e il conflitto nel lavoro di gruppo come strumenti di trasformazione sociale. AnimaMundi e Terranuova Edizioni, 2011.
A book about Processwork as an evolution of Jungian Psychology
- Lettera a Carl Gustav Jung nel giorno del suo 125mo compleanno (con un intervista ad Arnold Mindell di Tomasz Stawiszyński). AnimaMundi, 2011.